This Curry Shrimp Risotto Gratin is based on a classic Spanish dish.
Curry Shrimp Risotto Gratin
The Curry Shrimp Risotto Gratin is one of those dishes that may well make it into your regular monthly repetoire. It’s easy to make, tastes great and will impress your friends with the fancy version, i.e. I make two versions of it, a “plain” and a “fancy” one. The fancy one simply adds one large shrimp per person on top as a decorative kicker.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 150 g (1 cup) Risotto rice Arborio but if you can get it – Vialone or Carnaroli preferred
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry
- 150 ml (¾) cup white wine
- 350 ml (1½ cups) chicken boullion
- 200 g large shrimp about 18 shrimp of size 31-40
- 6 extra jumbo shrimp – size 16-20 optional
- 1 small jar of Artichoke hearts about 6 pcs., diced
- 5 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 180 g 3/4 cup Sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra butter for gratin
- In large pot heat butter and olive oil
- Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add rice and stir until evenly coated, then add curry and again stir to coat, about 2 minutes
- Add wine to deglaze and cook until nearly absorbed
- Add bouillon one ladle at a time and continue to cook with minimal stirring, always waiting until liquid is nearly absorbed, about 20 minutes
- Stir in artichoke hearts, then add shrimp
- Mix in 3 tbsp of the Parmesan, reserving rest
- Carefully fold in sour cream, then transfer to a (round) gratin dish
- Top with remaining Parmesan
- Decorate with Extra Jumbo Shrimp if using
- Distribute flakes of butter all over top and bake in pre-heated oven at 220°C for 10 minutes.
- Finish under grill setting until you obtain a golden crust
- Serve with a nice glass of white wine
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]